The Finance Committee on Investments (the "Committee") of the Board of Trustees of the University System of New Hampshire ("USNH") is established by State law under RSA 187-A:17 which states that the Governor, the Treasurer of the University System, and 3 members of the Board of Trustees, shall constitute a finance committee responsible for the investment of the USNH funds. Members of the Board serving on the committee shall be appointed per Board of Trustee policy and ideally will have experience in business and investments. As further enumerated in BOT IV.H, Investment Policy, the Committee shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
1. Development and annual review of formal investment guidelines and fiscal policies related to investments.
2. Oversight of pooled cash and investment assets under the direct control of the USNH Board of Trustees and methods of investing, including periodic assessment of investment strategy and results, asset allocation, risk, return and liquidity in accordance with State law (RSA 292-B:3 and 292-B:5) also known as the Uniform Prudent Management of Institutional Funds Act.
3. Selection, assessment and termination of endowment investment advisors and managers.
4. Recommendation to the Financial Affairs Committee for any changes to the spending policy and annual amounts to distribute from endowment for operations.
5. Review areas of risk assigned to the Committee by the Executive Committee for further review or other follow-up based on annual enterprise risk reports from the System’s chief executive officers.
The Committee is expected to meet at least four times each fiscal year and more frequently if it is necessary to facilitate prudent and timely decision making.